Dressed in black. . .
I stand there, no tears, no feeling, staring blankly ahead in a forest of umbrellas. The thunder rolls violently in the sky, almost as if the earth is mourning over the sins that have been committed. The first drop of the rain splashes against my unsheltered forehead, then a tear streams down my cheek, they mingle and fall together onto the dry earth. It will soon be a muddy mess. I question, how is life such a gift, in that you stay here another day only to say goodbye to another loved one. Then, almost suddenly, after another crash of thunder my chest feels heavier and my whole expression begins to change. I squint a little, my lips tighten, I ball my fist.
It was then, I hit my knees and sobbed. Mustering the words “ Never again.”
This ends now. I am prepared and determined, the man that murdered my father has to pay.
I need all of the feedback I can get, or else this story will be trashed.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment